312 South Weber Street, Suite 200
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Photography by Susan Shapard Biggs
Visit Susan online at www.susanbiggsphotographyanddesign.com
Arthur W. Porter
About Arthur W. Porter
1931 Liggett Road Suite C6
Castle Rock, CO 80109
o 303. 592.7777
Arthur was born and raised in Darien, Connecticut. He moved to Colorado Springs in 1982 and considers himself as much a native as you could possibly be without having been born here.
Arthur is married to his wife Kristen, and between them they have raised four children, now adults.
Arthur enjoys everything that there is to enjoy about living in Colorado, from outdoor hiking, winter sports, golf and other outdoor activities to the many and varied cultural and artistic offerings that our state has to offer. In addition, in his spare time, Arthur has attained world renown as an expert in the historic restoration and racing of the legendary cars of the Bavarian Motor Works.
Take a look at Arthur’s education, work, civic and other experience below and you will see that as your attorney, he brings a significant and varied life experience to bear in the handling of all of your matters.
Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, AB Magna Cum Laude in Economics, 1979. Special studies in Marketing and Business Administration.
Mortar Board National Honor Society. Distinction Work: Alternative Energy Sources for New England Pulp and Paper Mills. Debate and Public Speaking Team.
The American University Washington College of Law, Juris Doctor, 1982
Arthur W. Porter, Professional Corporation. Shareholder attorney. General litigation practice, including divorce, custody, maintenance and property division, complex business, real estate, criminal and personal injury.
Porter, Spencer, Burghart(f/k/a Thomas and Porter). Shareholder Attorney. President. Responsible for successful operation of medium sized business oriented firm. Advised business clients on all aspects of the birth and growth of their companies. Lead counsel on all clients’ complex civil litigation involving assembling team of lawyers and witnesses in the successful presentation of client matters in State and Federal courts and in alternative dispute resolution forums.
Holland and Hart (f/k/a Spurgeon, Haney and Howbert). General litigation practice, including complex business, real estate, criminal and personal injury. Also handled business, transactions and commercial dispute resolution. Member of hiring committee responsible for meeting firm expansion objectives. Attracted and retained new clients while leading associates in work production and community service.
Fulbright and Jaworski, Washington, D.C. Litigation and Administrative Law Practice Intership. Responsible for legal research and preparation of memoranda, motions, discovery pleadings and briefs before The Interstate Commerce Commission, The Railroad Commission of Texas and the various United States Courts of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court.
Rocky Mountain Motorworks, Inc. – During 1998 and 1999 I had the privilege of taking a one-year sabbatical from the practice of law to serve as the Director of New Business/Public Relations for Rocky Mountain Motorworks. Responsible for launch of the company’s expansion into BMW product lines, including product selection, product development, beneficial relations, catalog design, marketing plan and full implementation.
First National Pawn, Inc. - Vice President. Worked with two business partners in the setup, establishment, growth and eventual sale of successful retail and pawn broker store.
Radio Shack - Tandy Corporation, Various Positions. Started in sales. Progressed to position as Store Manager while enrolled as a full time college student. Responsible for all aspects of store operation, hiring, merchandising, new store opening and for the overall success of the team. Consistently led region in sales and growth.
• Admitted: Colorado - all Courts; United States District Court for the District of Colorado and The United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
• Memberships: Colorado Bar Association, El Paso County Bar Association, The American Bar Association, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, The Association of Trial Lawyers of America and The National Institute for Trial Advocacy
• El Paso County Bar Association: Trustee; Program Chairman; Ask-a-Lawyer, Call-a-Lawyer; Mock Trial Coach; Membership Chairman
• Colorado Bar Association: Young Lawyers Division - Executive Council; Convention Committee
• The Colorado Lawyer: Column Editor
• Colorado Trial Lawyers Association: Membership Committee
• Junior Achievement of Southern Colorado, Inc. Board of Directors. Member of Project Business Committee, Co-Chairman, Member of Executive Committee, Chairman of JA Bowl-a-Thon; Vice President
• Recipient: Junior Achievement National Bronze Leadership Award
• Recipient: Junior Achievement National Silver Leadership Award
• CASA – Court Appointed Special Advocates, Inc. Domestic Relations CASA Volunteer
• Colorado Balloon Classic, Inc. – Legal Advisor
• Colorado Springs Chorale – Member
• Penrose Stadium and Equestrian Center – Board Member
• Save Lowell School Project – Committee Member
• Pikes Peak Hill Climb Educational Museum – Vice President, Director, Chair-Museum Committee, Chair-Vintage Division
• Colorado Public Expenditure Council – Member of Board of Directors and Executive Committee
• Legal Aid Foundation of Colorado, El Paso County Committee
• Colorado Golf Association for the benefit of Craig Hospital, Colorado Open Task Force – Member
• Boy Scouts of America, Pikes Peak Area Council, Council President's Award Recipient; Ute District Chairman, District Camping Chairman, Camping Commissioner, Eagle Scout, Bronze Palm, Order of the Arrow - Vigil Honor Member
• Cheyenne Mountain School District 12 – BAAAC Chairman – Gold Camp Elementary School
• The Vintage Grand Prix of the Rockies at PPIR – Inaugural year Chairman
• Rocky Mountain Concours d’Elegance – Committee Member
• Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region – Committee Member
• Morgan Adams Foundation: Concours d’Elegance Car Committee